- Go to the File menu, then select the 'Save Copy As' option
- Select STL from the Types drop-down
- Click the Options button, and choose the High detail level
- Click the Save Button
Autodesk Inventor allows you to save both individual parts and assemblies in STL format, at all design levels.
Phase 1: Saving a model design in STL format
To save an Autodesk Inventor model design as an STL file:
- From the Tools menu, select Rebuild All. This ensures that the design data contains recent changes, and that it is not corrupt.
- From the File menu, select Save Copy As... > To Save copy as dialoge box opens
- In the Save as type field, select STL Files (*.stl), and click Options. The STLOut Save Options dialog box opens.
- Select High and click OK.
- In the Save Copy As dialog box, click Save.
- Note: To change the values associated with each of the resolution settings (High/Medium/Low) you need to edit the Windows registry.